December 1, 2007

A Beautiful Mind

The four Oscar winning movie in which the life of the renowned mathematician Dr. John Forbes Nash is delineated splendidly. I have heard about this movie and was looking forward to see this for a long time. I didn't know anything about either the story or Dr. Nash before I saw the movie. But spent some time reading about Nash in the Wikipedia after I saw movie.

Yesterday I got a good print of this movie from my one of my colleagues. I started to watch the movie in the office and it was quite gripping that I watched the initial 10 to 15 minutes there but I had to stop and get back to my work. Yesterday late night after some of my personal works are done, I started again.

Russel Crowe has done a beautiful job in his body language. I have seen Russel's performance in the movie Gladitor where he acts as a warrior. The character in this movie is just opposite to that. He plays the role of a recluse mathematician playing with numbers, greek alphabets and trying to come up with some weird algorithms. The supporting role (Nash's wife) is played by Jennifer Connelly. She looked gorgeous and at the later she plays a very responsible role. The restaurant scene where she tries to give Dr. Nash a verifiable proof for her love and long time commitment was pretty. And in the later part of the movie, she beautifully plays a supportive role to her paranoid husband. Apart from these two characters, I liked the role of Josh Lucas. I don't know why, but he was charismatic in his speech and expressions during the early Princeton days in the movie.

The movie as a whole was neat and the screenplay, for sure, will spellbound you to the plot.

IMDb link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268978/

No comments: