December 31, 2004
December 26, 2004
A day to forget. God, let this don't happen again, atleast with no people dying.
December 21, 2004
December 13, 2004
December 11, 2004
December 7, 2004
December 6, 2004
December 4, 2004
November 24, 2004
November 22, 2004
|90 - 100||S||10|
|80 - 89||A||09|
|70 - 79||B||08|
|60 - 69||C||07|
|.. goes on ..|
That is, for example, if one gets his mark in the range (60 to 69) the grade will be C and so on for others. The serious point to note here is that, there is no difference shown between the students whose socre lies in the range 60 and 69. Both of them gets the same grade. Consider a situation, where the student A get his marks as 79 and 79 in two papers and student B gets 70 and 80 in the same respective papers. The total of student A will be 158 and that of student B will be 150. But when compared under the grade system students B (17 points) gets a higher grade than student A (16 points). This should not be the case and it seems to undergrade some students. This has happened to me this time and has happened to many of my friends (myself too) in the last few semesters. I donno whether the grading system is taken from Anna University. Who should be blamed for this ?? Has the officials not noticed abt this and no actions were taken ??
November 19, 2004
While in Trichy we met Muthu Kumar, Suba Siva and Prasanth. Went to Prasanth's house (which is in Srirangam agragaram), he accompanied with us to Malai Kottai temple. The tuesday afternoon we returned back to Madurai. The three temples were really superb. Notably the Iyappan temple is maintained great (a place to peace your mind). Srirangam and Malai Kottai need no mention of its fame. Nice trip after my sucking exams.
November 17, 2004
November 14, 2004
Few days back, I saw during an interview director Dharani saying abt this. He was saying abt the difficulties they have in the film industry. I felt bad for using the pirated VCDs. Its a work from a large crew of people and I want to respect their work.
The papers I had:
(0) Client Server Technologies
(1) Operations Research
(2) Simulation and Modelling
(3) Artificial Intelligence
(4) Neural Networks (E)
(5) Wireless Networks (E)
(6) Internet Programming Lab
(7) Computer Graphics Lab
A small review...
(0) The syllabus was from a reference guide. One can never really study all the units. Every chapter had lot of Class names, methods and operations contained in it, and the parameters passed to them. If you are a person who can mug things easilly, you too will feel hard to study this paper. Then what for me ?? I somehow tried to keep in my mind all the names. I really know nothing abt the Class, but I will write on that in the exams. This is what everyone has did in the exam. The syllabus must be changed, its of no use reading books on the current syllabus. The real fun is that, still we don't know the real details/meanings of ORB, CORBA and all.
(1) OR is the one which I liked the most in this semester. A superb paper indeed that involves simplification, logic, calculations and real math. I prepared well for this exam, but didn't do to my satisfaction in the exam. The paper was little tough and I too did some silly careless mistakes.
(2) Simulation is pretty easy one for all. The first three units were the last two units of Numerical Methods of the last semester. Since I have already read this, it was an easy one for me. I don't know where from the fourth unit came. There was no introduction and don't know how people inserted this to the syllabus. The unit had full of eqns and you can understand nothing from them. The fifth one was interesting and it was on GPSS. I really enjoyed reading that unit.
(3) AI too was good and interesting. Lot of algorithms to read, but the third unit was little big. I left some few topics in that unit. Good paper to read and that new way solving problems is amazing.
(4) When I saw Neural the first time, I felt like dying. But when I started to read, it was not like that. Topics were are dependent on the previous ones and interesting too. There were totally 10 main topics (algorithms) which were arranged in five units. I felt hard to remember the equations it had. But somehow I managed to study 4 to 4-1/2 units. Wrote the exam pretty well too.
(5) Wireless is hard always. A big bulk of contents were in the material. I had three days leave before the exam, but asusual I started to read seriously one day before the exam. Had a bad time.
(6) IP lab, a piece of cake for me. I have been working in this technology for the past three years. Sure of getting 'S' grade.
(7) Oh my God!!, the lab exam I felt scared for the first time was this one. I didn't actually like this lab, coz I'm nowhere going to use this graphics (in Turbo C) in industry. But atlast I tried some few programs (line clipping, 2D transformation, ellipse generation) and came out with a confidence that I could do well. I got 2D transformation in the exam and will get 'S' surely. The real satisfacion I have is that, I'm gonna get 'S' grade in all the lab exams in my college life.
The hard days have passed away...
October 21, 2004
October 19, 2004
October 17, 2004
October 14, 2004
October 9, 2004
October 6, 2004
October 4, 2004
Cyber '04, a day to remember forever. I have witnessed five Cybers (from my brother's) so far. The most enjoyable one was the last one, that happened two days back.
I was an Organising and Technical committee member. I enjoyed working with my juniors during this Cyber. I came to know lot of juniors during this little span. That too the "Thirteens" team was a wonderful team to work with. Every people involve themselves in some kind of work and I could see some enthu in them. I will plainly say that this is the technical commitee. Sriranjani the Joint Secratary, Senthil the Technical lead, Saravanan with his smartness (in work), peter and enthu finds him everywhere. Vasanth puts his hardwork in bringing up the Quiz interface. Rebecca and RajaPriya, the coordinators for Cyber Showcase. PadmaPriya for Web Search online event and SriVidhya, one of the Quiz master. My god!! I forgot Sriram, the man who is incharge of Software contest and also the incharge for documenting records for ISO. Vishwanathan and SriVidhya took the Multimedia committee. And finally Shyam, who always seems to busy but really not. He said he worked for Souvenir, and everyone too says this. Mr. Elango, the person from A section, a representative for his class. He took the responsiblity for Quiz and C Bugging. A good worker indeed. Balamurugan told that Maze was a grand success this time. The full credit goes to Kavitha , Kanmani and all those who worked for that. For C Bugging, Elango was accompanied by some girls (Abirami, ...). The decoration committee (really a big team) led by Kattari did a superb job. I don't remember that guy's name who drew most of the charts. His work was really an appeciable one. To mention some from their work, the charts that hung between trees showed their innovation in work. The decoration in the Octagon was also superb. Atlast I shouldn't forget to mention abt the Catering committee. They were fine people yaar. I have missed some important people, Balamurugan (General Secratary), Fred and Harish (Multimedia Committee).. hey!! I'm tired typing these names. The team was really big, sorry I cann't mention all of them (tiring man).
The real enjoyment came during the culturals. For the first time I went up to the stage for dancing, that too on the spot I thought of dancing, no practice and it just came out. But when we were abt to make a dance piece for the song "Cheena Thaana", our dance was interrupted for some reason and it was stopped. We then decided to quit the Auditorium and went out. The moment we got out, everyone screamed like anything. A real joy man. After that we had the "Bham Beam" to end that day. We people then slowly moved to Aarthy for a heavy dinner, ate well, bid goodbye to all, went back to home and started to snooze.
September 30, 2004
September 29, 2004
September 28, 2004
CSE Department is gonna cry ;-(
September 27, 2004
Yesterday, when I returned from the college I saw my internal mark-sheet in my home. My mom enquired about the marks (which were really as of a final year student) and she gave me some advices to read well so that it would be easy for the final exam. But the great fear I had was what would be my dad's response on this. I was little tensed on that day expecting my dad's arrival. But he was pretty cool and told me to prepare well for the final exams. Yet to start my full-fledged preparations for the final exam.
September 25, 2004
September 24, 2004
The TCE Tennis team represented by Nagaraj (final CSE), Vivek (final IT) and Ashwin (third Arch) really played well. For the first time I saw Nagaraj's play. It was really good and his services were superb.
The Hockey team won the PSNA, Dindigul for 4-0. The whole college was in the ground at the end of the match. People were about to create an '7-1/2', but somehow the team members cooled down.
A nice day yaar. Those who missed are really missed. Njoying my final year life.
September 23, 2004
Err… I forgot to say you something :-)